Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Leslee’s Steak and Pasta

Well this recipe was a little tricky for me and I am not sure if it turned out how it was suppose to, but it was pretty good.  Yesterday I was thinking ahead and figured I would follow Ingrid’s example and marinate my steak. Tonight Sean grilled it up on the bbq to give it a delicious flavor.  I used a gluten free brand on penne pasta, which I am sure didn’t really effect the taste of the dish.  My trouble came with the sauce.  Condensed Tomato soup has wheat flour in it so I couldn’t use that and all the gluten free options were regular tomato soup which is not as thick.  I decided to make my own using some tomato sauce I thickened up a little bit and added some spices to it.  I have never actually tasted condensed tomato soup so I wasn’t exactly sure how to create the flavor, but Sean said it tasted pretty close.  I made add the other things to it following the recipe.  It turned out pretty runny.  I served it on the side so we could just mix in the amount to our pasta and steak that we wanted.  It wasn’t super flavorful so Sean thought to add a little Kraft Tucson House Italian dressing on top which made it quite delicious!  Like I said, I am not sure if all my substitutions messed it up but in the end we both enjoyed it! I am interested to see how everyone’s turns out using the condensed soup.

Sorry, the presentation isn’t that nice…

IMG_4082

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Now I am interested in trying the recipe. Your Gluten Free pasta cooked up quite nicely it looks like. Thanks for the review and the suggestions. I wonder if the tomatoey dressing will be a little like a french or Catalina type dressing.

Leslee said...

Yes it is like a french or catalina type dressing. You could always have a little regular red sauce on hand if some members probably won't like it.