Monday, November 16, 2009

Jacki’s Review of Chicken, Rolls, Pineapple

I loved all three of these recipes, especially the Spanish Chicken and the Brown Sugar Glazed Pineapple. For the Spanish Chicken I pretty much followed the recipe as written except I did not put the dish in the oven to broil after I put the cheeses on.  I just sprinkled the cheeses on the hot mixture in the skillet and then let it melt.  I also sprinkled some salt on the chicken and tomatoes as they were cooking.  I thought it was absolutely delicious with the sun-dried tomatoes and the melted cheeses – Yummy!  I can hardly wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I served it over some yellow saffron rice I cooked up in the rice cooker.  As far as the Onion Knots went, instead of sprinkling onion flakes on I sprinkled them with parmesan cheese and onion salt and they were really good.  I used the reduced fat crescent rolls because they didn’t have any trans fat like the regular ones do and they tasted great.  My knots were not pretty though.  I followed the Pineapple recipe exactly as directed except I cut it in half. I ended up cooking it in the oven for about 15 minutes and I let it cool for a couple of minutes.   I served it over vanilla ice cream and briefly  thought I had died and gone to heaven while I was eating it…the warm glazed pineapple with the toasted coconut and nuts with Bryers creamy vanilla ice cream…sooooo good.  Rich didn’t really care for any of the three recipes but he did eat everything and he did say the nuts and ice cream were good! 

All ingredients except chicken assembled   

Jacki's Pics 072

Spanish Chicken finished in skillet

Jacki's Pics 073

Saffron rice, Spanish chicken, Parmesan/Garlic Knots Plated.

Jacki's Pics 075

Glazed pineapple before          after cooked over ice cream

Jacki's Pics 077 Jacki's Pics 078

For those of you who have not made the recipes yet…..taste bud overload awaits you!

3 comments:

Leslee said...

I am excited to see all the reviews on here already! All of your dishes look very good...I can't wait to try the pineapple. I don't have any slices but maybe I will try it with chunks.

Grandma NaDee said...

I am in hysterics about Jacki's comment quoting Rich. Jack says he agrees completely, although he did seem to like the 'knots', at least he ate 4 of them. Leslee sent me directions for putting pictures in, but I guess I'm a hopeless case because after trying for an hour, I have given up. HOWEVER, they look pretty much exactly like Leslee and Jacki's. For the pineapple I used fresh pineapple and it was great.

didi said...

Sounds delish!!! Can't wait to make all three, Leon is on call this whole week so I may just have my boys as Ginny pigs again =;)