Monday, November 2, 2009

You Wish You Had This For Dinner!

The sweet and tangy pork chops were so good.  They were also very easy to make.  I used some marinated pork tenderloin chops that I had from Costco.  For the sauce I had a larger can of pineapple so I used about half the pineapple and all of the juice instead of adding orange juice since I didn’t have any and pineapple juice is also nice and tangy.  I used peanut oil to fry up the chops and then added the sauce.  I cooked the chops for longer than specified before adding the sauce which I am glad I did because the sauce thickened up really fast when I added it to the pan so I wouldn’t have been able to simmer it much longer.  I though I had coconut but I didn’t so we haven’t tried the rice yet.  I am looking forward to that though.  We just had ours with steamed white rice.   We ate ours with some melon and a green salad with a very delicious homemade version of the applebees oriental chicken salad dressing which is so good.  I would be happy to share that recipe with everyone.  Since I already had the dressing, prepped lettuce and cut up melon in the fridge this meal was very quick and easy to prepare.  I will be making this sauce again soon.  Another note…. I think you really do want to make sure you use an oil with a flavor like the peanut or olive oil she recommends because it adds a good layer of flavor to the sauce that vegetable oil probably wouldn’t do.

 

Great choice!

IMG_8152

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Looks yummy and thanks for all of the suggestions too. I have my shopping list all made out! I would like the recipe for the salad dressing BTW. Thanks for the review.

Sitton said...

That looks delicious! I am excited to make it tonight. The recipe is mix of Teriyaki chicken and the sweet and sour meatball sauce. I too would like the recipe. You should post it on here when you get a chance.