Friday, November 20, 2009

Bananas, Spanish Chicken, Onion Knots and Pineapple All at Once!

I have fallen way behind on the recipes lately but I made a few of them this week. 

 

First, on Tuesday for lunch the kids and I made the banana cream pie parfait.  We followed the directions and it was very good.  Belle thought that since it came from the blender it should be a drink.   The bananas were not quite ripe enough, but I made it for dessert that night so Sterling could taste it and used riper bananas and it was even better.  We all liked it.

  IMG_8538

IMG_8533 IMG_8539

 

On Wednesday night I made the Spanish chicken.  It was delicious.  I was babysitting a girl that I sometimes watch and so I gave her mom half of it when she came to pick her up, but I haven’t gotten her opinion on it yet.   I did not have broccoli and used peas which seemed to fit right in.  I also used canned instead of fresh tomatoes  in addition to the sun-dried tomatoes.  I would make this again.   I also did not have refrigerated roll dough so I used some good bread that I had and put butter, onion flakes and garlic salt on it and broiled it in the oven.  It was really good and I will probably add the onion flakes in the future when I make garlic bread.   

IMG_8555

Last night Sterling and I made the pineapple treat.  Well, he mostly just watched, maybe to make sure I didn’t contaminate his with the cocoanut and almonds.   We used fresh pineapple from Costco which is always really tasty by itself.  We really liked it and had it with ice cream.  We will probably have it again tonight because I have more pineapple.    

 

IMG_8559

I hope to make the steak and penne when we get back into town next week. 

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks quite tasty and the kids make it look even better! Glad to know that about the substitutions you made and how they worked out.