Monday, November 16, 2009

Leslee-Spanish Chicken

Tonight we had the Spanish Chicken for dinner and it was delicious! I started by marinating the chicken in some Italian style dressing today, since my Grandma had mentioned it was a little dry.  I think this made a big difference! Instead of buying a big jar of sun-dried tomatoes since it is a little pricey, I got some from the salad bar at the health food store.  I probably got about a cup but when it was diced up it was a little less.  For the fresh tomatoes Summer helped we chose some smallish ones that came on the vine.  Everything cooked up nicely and smelled delicious, especially after melting on the cheese.  Summer kept calling it Pizza. I served it on top of some white rice.  I was thinking it would be good with pasta but it doesn’t have a lot of sauce so it worked very well with the rice.  Both Sean and I really liked it and I will definitely  make it again.  The only thing I would change was the broccoli that I used.  I used a bag of frozen chopped broccoli but it turned out to be basically blended broccoli so it was kind of all over the dish.  It wasn’t a huge distraction but I could imagine it with some nice chunks of broccoli instead.  I hope you all enjoy this one as much as us!

Some of the ingredients

IMG_4095

After broiling

IMG_4098

All ready to eat…

IMG_4103

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your pictures look very yummy. Good review. I need to remember to try marinating the meat one of these times. I am glad everyone at your house enjoyed it.