Friday, November 6, 2009

Sweet and Tangy Pork chops a success















To be Honest I was not sure about this dish. I am not a fan of Sweet and Sour sauces. I was very surprised with the results and the kids loved it. Leon still thinks that the pork chops with the rhubarb sauce was the best though.
The rice was extremely easy to make I did not have any light coconut milk but decided to use 5.6 Oz can of the regular. I made 3 cups of rice since my boys can eat a lot of it. I used my rice cooker and it turned out perfect.














I always marinate the meat regardless of what the recipe says, I think that the meat always tastes better and is tender. I only added garlic and a little orange juice to it and marinated overnight.















To serve we had sautéed broccoli in garlic and olive oil it was a perfect side dish.












4 comments:

Leslee said...

I should follow your example of marinading meat more! It looks like the boys enjoyed it!

Jacki's travels said...

Those boys looked mighty pleased with their meal. I will have to try sauteing the broccoli. Do you steam it first and then saute it or just saute it? Thanks for the review and suggestions.

Heidi said...

Looks good! I need to try to marinate the meat more.... that requires alot of planning on my part though :)

didi said...

The best marinate out there, believe it or not, is salad dressing!!!! Just add some garlic powder, salt and pepper and you are good to go!!! You can try different types of salad dressings as well, here at our house that’s what we use salad dressing for.
To sauté the broccoli just add olive oil and garlic to sauté pan, cook garlic until golden add broccoli turn burner to medium/medium low stir constantly for 2 minutes. Put lid on and let it cook while checking and stirring, make sure to add salt and pepper to taste, you don’t need to add water the vegetables should cook on its own broth, don’t be afraid to add water if you need to but it will be a very small quantity (1/4 cup at the most), just cook broccoli to desired consistency. I cook most of my vegetables like this (green beans, zucchini, cabbage, even potatoes sometimes) you can add more flavor by using chicken bullion instead of salt.
Bom apetite