Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Heidi's Review

Last night we had the coconut rice and sweet and tangy pork chops. I followed both recipes except that I did not put the scallions on the top as we are not big onion eaters. The pork chops were great and I really liked the sauce. I think that we will definetly fix that again although I might have Kenton grill out the pork chops instead of frying them. The rice was good; but it had a little bit too much coconut flavor for us. Maybe just using water instead of the coconut milk would make it better for us. Kenton, Connor and I really liked the pork chops; but Ashley didn't like any of it which was very strange as she never turns away food. I also fixed Garlic-Roasted Asparagus with Almonds (pg 241) and it was pretty good too. Overall, this was probably the most liked by my family (good thing since Kenton picked it).


2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review and suggestions. That is strange that Ashley didn't like it but I am glad Kenton and Connor did. The asparagus side dish sounds really good too. Good choices, Kenton!

Leslee said...

I am glad that your family liked it! It is funny Ashley didn't though, maybe she was just feeling like someone had to oppose it:) I will have to try that asparagus!