Saturday, November 28, 2009

White Bean Soup with Andouille & Collard Greens




It has taken me awhile to get this posted, but thanks to Jacki and Nika's help, I think that I have it figured out.


I had fun fixing this soup, since it was a new recipe. If I fixed this soup again, I would have to make some changes as Brock was about the only one that liked it very well. He had just come in from football practice, so he was real hungry. We aren't big fans of this kind of sausage, so I should have tried a different kind of meat. I followed the recipe very closely, but I need to cook it again using a different kind of meat and substitute spinach for the collard greens. I will have to say that it was fun cooking it, as I really enjoy trying out new recipes. I used the Andouille sausage and for the beans I used small great northern beans. I didn't make the salad, but just had a romaine and iceburg salad and let people use salad dressings that they liked. It was a fun experience and I am glad that we are doing this.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Good job on getting the posting and pictures figured out. Glad to see you are enjoying the cooking club. I am really enjoying it too.