Monday, November 16, 2009

Penne pasta with Steak my way

Sorry but so far this was my least favorite recipe. I don’t like French dressing so I pretty much created my own recipe here with the help of Christopher and Alexandro.









Well as you all know , I like to marinate the meat so I used my favorite - Cabernet & roasted Garlic (made with Grape seed oil) Bistro blends by John Spenger’s of Napa Valley (www.bistroblendes.com) I love this marinade, it can be used as a vinaigrette for your salad and it is also a very delicious bread dip, I always pick a couple up at Seattle’s Pike’s market whenever we are up there. That really made up this dish!!!!
For the pasta I used a salad dressing we picked up in Waitsburg, WA at a fruit stand while we were getting some Walla Walla onions and peaches this last Summer (Walla Walla Sweet onion and Summer tomato dressing) , very tasty. The boys asked me to add some olives and grape tomatoes and I also added some fresh herbs - basil and parseley.
Ok, another problem we had with the dessert is that Leon will not eat anything with bananas……..soooooo I used strawberries, but when I started making the dessert I realized I did not have the vanilla wafers so I used the chocolate wafers I had in the pantry………Definitely making this again, so, so good….. I think I will try making this again with raspberries next time hummmm……

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Good job changing the recipe around so you knew you would like it! I am glad to hear to made the dessert with strawberries and it went well because I was thinking it would be very good with lots of other fruits too!

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all of your suggestions! Everything looks and sounds delicious. It looks like Christopher and Alexandro enjoyed their meal. I really like the sounds of the strawberries with the chocolate wafers in the dessert. I will have to try that.