Monday, November 2, 2009

Leslee’s Delicious Meal

Mmm this was a tasty meal! I started the rice first.  After toasting the coconut I put everything into the rice cooker because I don’t have good luck cooking rice on the stove, I guess I just never learned how.  While that was cooking, I cut up the pork into chunks and cooked it completely before adding the sauce because Nika said it cooked up pretty fast.  The sauce was quick and easy to mix up and thickened up nicely.  The rice didn’t seem to done when the rice cooker said it was so I added a little bit of water and cooked it a bit longer.  I also made a salad to serve with it, using the same dressing Nika made (Applebee’s Oriental Salad Dressing).  Everything was very tasty.  The rice ended up cooking up nicely and it had a nice flavor with all the coconut.  I liked the pork in this dish but you could definitely do it with chicken or beef.  Sean and I both gobbled it up and Summy even enjoyed some rice and pork which these days is a small miracle.  Excellent choice Heidi and Kenton.  I hope Kenton likes this one!

IMG_4054

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal does look quite delicious! Thank you for the tips and suggestions. I am hoping to try the recipe today or tomorrow. The coconut rice sounds interesting. I am wondering if the coconut will be as soft as the rice or if it will be a little firmer. Thanks for the review.

Heidi said...

Looks very good. I am not a big coconut fan but I thought that we would give it a try!