Sunday, November 29, 2009

Audrey's Warm Steak & Penne Salad with Tomato Soup French Dressing











I learned after the first recipe to make the changes that would be better for our family. I used all the ingredients called for in the recipe, but changed things up some. First off, I marinated the steak(London Broil) and I used Terriyaki sauce and the seasonings that were called for. I then marinated it all day. That night I cooked the pasta and mixed up the dressing and set that aside. Then I started cooking the steak on our stovetop gas grill. Doug and Brock walked in while I was cooking that and made sure that I wasn't cooking the meat too much, since I am known for doing that. Then they also didn't want me to cut the steak up into slices. We compromised and I cut the steaks in half after they had rested, which they were very happy with. I mixed the dressing in with the pasta and let it soak in a bit. It seemed strange that the sauce wasn't cooked. I also had a salad to go with the meal and everyone used their own salad dressings. Everyone ate the meal and liked the steak and thought that the pasta was pretty good to okay. I would have liked the pasta with a cooked sauce better. In all, the meal went over well with our family. They liked the Steak so much that I ended up eating some leftover roast instead of the steak with my meal. I would probably cook this meal again.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your pictures turned out very nice. Great review and thanks for letting us know the changes you made and how they all turned out.

Nika said...

Your family sounds like good eaters to try it all. The pictures are nice.