Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Ponzu Beef Kebabs

Tonight we had the Mulitcolored Ponzu Beef Kebabs and they were delicious.  I made the sauce and marinated the meat for about 1 1/2 hours before I made the kebabs and then put them in the bag with the marinade.  We both agreed that the beef chunks could have been smaller and marinated for longer.  The sauce was very good.  It was a little pricey to make since I didn’t have the ponzu or black bean sauces but I am sure I will make this again so they will be used.  The veggies were all good marinated in the sauce – it really brought out the sweetness of the red peppers and  sweet onions that I used.  I was a little short on mushrooms though.   I must note however that ziplock bags and wooden skewers don’t go together well so be sure and place it all in a pan or large plate to catch the drips from the poked holes.  I served the kebabs with a homemade rice pilaf and some watermelon.  After looking at the photos I should have served the rice and kebabs with something green for a color boost! 

Kebabs all assembled and ready for grilling.

Jacki's Pics 051

Fresh off the grill.

 Jacki's Pics 054

Not sure why this pic is sideways but here it is  - all plated up and ready for our dining pleasure.

Jacki's Pics 052

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Mmm those look very tasty! I have never tried those sauces before. Maybe I will have to get some after the big move.