Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Leslee’s Braised Beef

Last night we tried out the Braised Beef recipe and it was a success.  Mine turned out a little different look than my mom’s but I think it is mostly because I didn’t use tomato paste.  We aren’t a huge fan of tomato-ey sauces so I just put a few tablespoons of tomato sauce in to give a little flavor.  I also eliminated the mushrooms but added a bit more carrots and onions.  I thought I got stew meat at the store but when I was opening the package I noticed it was stir-fry beef which I figured was just fine.  It was in thin strips so it cooked up nicely and was very tender.  I made this meal in the Crockpot and it probably only took about 4-5 hrs on high.  We ate it over rice and it was delicious.  I mostly spooned out the chunky parts (carrots,onions, meat, etc) onto my rice with little sauce but Sean preferred to eat it in a bowl with lots more sauce.  The flavor reminded me of Beef Stew!

IMG_5865

Summer enjoyed the rice…but thought the meat was too “picy” (spicy).  No wonder there is always so much rice on the floor when she gets done eating…

IMG_5861

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks good. Thanks for the suggestions/results too. There could be a lot of variations to this dish.