Friday, June 25, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Thai Chicken and Noodles

Whoa!  Robin really hit it out of the park with this one – so deeeelicious.  We both really liked it.  Following Leslee’s suggestion I added some veggies – carrots, broccoli and mushrooms.  Red  peppers and snow peas would have been good too.   I chopped the carrots and broccoli up and steamed until crisp.  I sauteed the mushrooms in some peanut oil although they probably would have cooked enough just adding them to the chicken and cooking a bit.  Anyway, I added the veggies when the chicken was done and the saucy ingredients had been added.  Then I added the rice noodles, mixed it all up and cooked it for a bit until the sauce was all soaked up.  I sprinkled some cashews and the scallions on and stirred them in a bit then served.  A side dish of watermelon and the meal was complete.  I think the rest of you would really enjoy this meal – hope you get to try it.

Ingredients assembled.

Jacki's Pics 047

Looking good in the pan.

Jacki's Pics 048

Dished up and ready to eat!

Jacki's Pics 050

2 comments:

Leslee said...

I am glad that you guys liked it! Your veggies look like they made a nice addition.

Leslee said...

I am glad that you guys liked it! Your veggies look like they made a nice addition.