Sunday, June 20, 2010

Leslee’s Catch-Up Meal

A few nights ago we combined two more recipes for another new meal! First I made a version of the bacon-wrapped scallops using chicken and cooking the bacon with the chicken rather than wrapping it.  I cooked it in the skillet for awhile before transferring it to the  oven to finish cooking while I cooked some other things.  For the salsa I substituted Mango for Papaya because it was cheaper and looked good at the store.  I have never really bought or used mangos before so Sean helped we with the cutting of it.  The salsa was easy to make and I tested its flavor with a tortilla chip- very good! The mango was a bit mushy so the salsa’s appearance isn’t the best but it tasted good so that is okay.

IMG_5976

IMG_5977

Next up was the spinach, ham and beans.  For some reason I have never been able to find Pink Beans at the stores.  I know they exist because there was one can that had a mixture of pink beans, some other beans, and spices.  Anyway Summy and I decided to get Pinto Beans instead.  These seemed to work just fine! This recipe was quick and easy to follow and would have been easier if I would have used frozen instead of fresh spinach.  It took a while to snap off all the stems. 

IMG_5978

I served these two dishes with some potatoes and it made a nice meal.  I really liked the mango-jalapeño salsa on the chicken but my favorite was the beans with ham and spinach.  It had such a good flavor, I really liked it!

IMG_5979

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Nice to see Sean putting his skills to work. Your meal looks tasty and I agree, the spinach bean dish was very good.