Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pork Soup

Tonight we tried out the Southwestern Pork Soup and it was a success.  This was an easy recipe and to make it easier I just put a pork roast from the freezer into the Crockpot.  Before we ate, I just shredded it up and it worked out nicely. The only other change I made was reducing the chicken broth from 6 cups to 3 1/2.  That was plenty of liquid and my Crockpot was getting full!

The finished product was very good! We expected it to be more spicy but it was pretty mild, which was okay.  I was planning to serve it with cornbread or tortilla strips but since it was a warm day, I decided not to heat up the house and we just stuck with chips.  This was a recipe I would  make again and there are lots of variations you could make with the meat, beans, and veggies. 

IMG_6001

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your soup looks really good - nice and chunky. Looking forward to trying it.