Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Southwestern Soup

Last night I made the Southwestern Pork Soup except I used chicken instead of pork because that is what I had on hand.  I liked Leslee’s idea of shredding the meat so I put whole chicken tenders in the crockpot and then shredded them at the end.  I sauteed  the onion, pepper and garlic before adding it the crockpot just because I like to do that.  We enjoyed it and thought it had a really good flavor.  Leslee mentioned the soup didn’t have a lot of zip to it so I sprinkled some hot sauce in.  I like a chunkier soup so I only added 3 cups of chicken broth and I thought that was plenty.  I served it with grated cheese, avocado and a dollop of sour cream – delicious!   Sides of cornbread and watermelon completed our meal.  I think you would all like this meal and it is quite easy to put together – especially if you use the crockpot.

Jacki's Pics 017

2 comments:

Leslee said...

I prefer a shredded meat in my soups, so good idea. Your sounds side like would be quite good with it.

Audrey said...

Great picture.. It looks so good,I will have to try it this winter. The cornbread looks really good with the meat also. Thanks.