Friday, October 29, 2010

Calzones!

Last week I threw all the extra pizza dough into the freezer so that made the prep for this much easier! We made calzones when we were cooking from the Robyn Miller cookbook and I remembered that I didn’t like the ricotta cheese taste, so I substituted mine with cottage cheese.  Sean likes it so I made his with ricotta cheese.  These turned out really delicious and we both enjoyed them! The ground beef mixture didn’t sound too good to me at first but it turned out tasty.  I think another time I will try some different fillings like veggies or chicken but I did like the recipe the way it was written.

My dough wasn’t easy too work with so it didn’t turn out too pretty.

IMG_7578

The ones I made for Sean looked a bit better!

IMG_7580

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your plates looked good ! We don't care for the ricotta cheese either so used cottage cheese also. I was also surprised at how good the meat mixture tasted. It was probably due to the seasoning in the sausage :)