Monday, October 25, 2010

One week of cooking !!!

The meatloaf “tasted Ok” according to the man of the house. I am not a fan of Meatloaf and maybe cook it once a year…… This was Ok but I didn’t care for the sauce on top. I would prefer to have used BBQ sauce (Head Country is our favorite).



LOVED THE PIZZA!!!!!!! the sweet leeks were perfect, I didn’t use bacon though I opted for some delicious pancetta that I got it a Trader Joes on my last stop there, The dough was pretty easy and very similar to my recipe that I use all the time. I was very surprised of how good the potatoes were, and YES the FRESH MOSSARELA is a MUST =;)
It was perfect for my girls night get together, both my frieds Jackie and Natsumi approved it!!!




The cobbler has become a staple here at our house , we have made it 4 times in the last month and we doubled the recipe and took some to people at church….Big hit. Here is a picture of the one we made with raspberries. Christopher made a one with blackberries for mutual for a dessert competition and the kids loved.



I decided to do a casserole for the breakfast bowls, these were extremely popular in Iowa when we lived there. Our ward used to have brunches for the sister’s birthdays and we always had the “crust less Quiches” my favorite recipe is with crab meat and asparagus . This one was Ok I’m not sure I will make it again. I would probably stick with just one meat and add some broccoli or asparagus.
I also made the breakfast potatoes on page 48 (no bacon fat thanks) and everyone loved it.




The Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce was good but very rich….. We could not eat very much at once and we had it for 3 days…. I was surprised the boys didn’t gobble it all up!!!



2 comments:

Leslee said...

Wow Ingrid, it was fun to see all your meals. I am glad you had some successes!

Audrey said...

Enjoyed your comments & pictures. We also liked the pizza, peach crisp with sauce & cobbler. We have fixed the crisp twice & it is very very rich! The cobbler was so easy to fix. Good job Christopher on fixing the blackberry cobbler. That is our family favorite :)