Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Maple Pecan Scones

I made these this morning for breakfast and I thought they were very good.    I followed the recipe exactly as directed.  Next time I would roll the dough out a little thicker because mine spread out in cooking and kind of lost their shape.  They were pretty crumbly and a little difficult to transfer to the cookie sheet.  The maple icing was really tasty.  Mine turned out a little thick because I just guessed on the amount of one pound of powdered sugar so I probably needed a bit more milk.  Plus it was a little darker brown because I added a bit more of the maple flavoring accidentally.  Another good recipe from PW:) 

Baking in the oven.

Jacki's Pics 067

Iced and ready to serve – they look rather homemade and rugged.

 Jacki's Pics 068

Paired nicely with fruit and eggs for a pre-church breakfast.

Jacki's Pics 069

4 comments:

Leslee said...

They look delicious! I didn't eat mine with other foods, but that would have been a good idea to balance out the sweet icing!

didi said...

Hummmm...Looks good, I'm going to try to make it this week, May have to keep the nuts out for Alexandro

Heidi said...

Looks tasty!

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

We still need to make these! They look so good!