Monday, October 4, 2010

Our Breakfast Bowls

Yesterday morning we had these breakfast bowls for brunch.  I cooked up all the ingredients and had them ready for assembly.  I didn’t cook the potatoes in bacon fat as suggested but did cook them in the same pan as the sausage, so I am sure they got the same effect.  I was contemplating baking everything in a casserole pan but we decided to use bigger bowls.  I cooked them for a while (probably 30 minutes) because I felt like they were runny for a long time.  They came out looking very tasty and we all enjoyed them with some juicy red watermelon.  A lovely Sunday morning meal! I agree that this would be a fun breakfast to make for something special or if you were entertaining a group.

The ingredients (plus bacon)

 IMG_7338

Assembly

 

IMG_7339 

Ready to go into the oven

IMG_7343 

Ready to eat!

IMG_7345

This meal was right up Summer’s alley, she LOVES breakfast meats!

IMG_7346

5 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Looks good. The pic with the three bowls ready to go into the oven was so cute - it reminded me of the 3 bowls of porridge for the bears - one for Papa, one for Mama and one for baby bear :)

Heidi said...

Good idea on the bowls since I don't have the little cute one's that Ree has :) I think that my kids will really like this. I hope to try it this weekend when we are in Laverne visiting Kenton's parents.

Audrey said...

What cute pictures. Good idea about using the bowls. That's what Brock needed:). This is going to be a fun recipe to play around with.

didi said...

I thought of famnily bear too.....so cute looking at Summer drinking her juice!

didi said...

I thought of famnily bear too.....so cute looking at Summer drinking her juice!