Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Owens' Breakfast "Bowls"

We had our Breakfast "Bowls" on Tuesday night for dinner.  Connor and Ashley were both BIG helpers in getting this fixed.  :)  Connor scrubbed the potatoes for me and washed off the green onion and tomatoes.  He was also a big help in counting out the eggs as we cracked them.  Ashley was content to just watch and pretend to be cooking her own sausage.  It was pretty cute with my two helpers with their step-stools on either side of me.  I didn't have any bowls; so I just cooked it all in a small casserole dish - I think it was 7x11.  I omitted the onion with the potatoes since our family doesn't really like onions; but followed everything else.  Kenton and I thought that it was very good.  There were a few too many tomatoes for Kenton but he could pick some out easily enough.  The kids didn't really like it; but we don't eat sausage very much at our house... okay pretty much never.  We had cinnamon rolls and peaches to round things out.  I have also been heating it up and having it for breakfast in the mornings.  It still tasted good! 

All ready to eat! 

2 comments:

Audrey said...

You food looked very tasty!! What fun to cook with the kids :). Glad that you enjoyed the breakfast bowl.

Jacki's travels said...

Looks like a fine, tasty meal - and I do imagine the kids were pretty cute helpers.