Saturday, October 2, 2010

Leslee's Peach Crisp

 I made the peach crisp last night for dessert and I would say it didn't turn too much like a crisp or crumble, but it was very good.  I used 3 cans of rinsed peaches in place of the fresh peaches and replaced the regular flour with a gluten-free baking mix.  My crumble mixture turned out a little more doughy than crumbly but it was probably because I was trying to hurry and put this together so I could go feed a tired and hungry little boy.  I added a few more splashes of the maple syrup as some of you suggested.  I probably shouldn't have baked it with the foil on like my mom said, but I did and it made the whole thing very juicy and bubbly.  I cooked it for an extra 15 minutes.  We ate it piping hot over some vanilla ice cream with the maple sauce drizzled on top.  It was very good and we both went back for seconds!



2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Yum! It looks very good. Wish I had some right now but ours is long gone:)

Audrey said...

It looked good! Dana & I are going to fix this dish Tuesday night, but I think that we are going to try it with frozen peaches, as the fresh don't look very good.