Thursday, September 20, 2012

Catching up on the cooking!

First I have to slip this in here.  I made this about a month ago from the last cookbook.  It’s the sausage stuffed Zucchini.  Not sure what happened to this zucchini on the grill but it was magical.  The flavor was so good!  I think Sterling loved it most of all.   I used regular sausage so it wasn’t particularly healthy but oh so good.

IMG_5964

On to the task at hand. .. Here is our Ranch chicken.  I prepared the meat in the marinade after lunch with my special assistant.  It wasn’t  too hard and the meat was very good when we grilled it up at dinner time.  My husband is really excellent at grilling chicken but he was going to be home a little later so I did the meat and it was fine.  I sliced it in half like she suggested.  Everyone liked it.IMG_5967

I also made the brownies for Sam’s birthday party in case people weren’t into Elmo cupcakes.  The brownies were good but there was the issue with my cake mix being smaller than suggested so I opened a second Mix.   Isabelle opened all the caramels which was nice.  I also only had an 8x8 pan which overflowed like crazy and eventually I had to put an end to the cooking time since I didn’t want a fire in the oven.  The brownies were delicious though although my husband thought it was a little overkill on the Carmel.

Here is the pesto.  It was so good.  We used basil from the garden and made a double batch.  I have heard of people using walnuts instead of pine nuts to cut down on the cost.  I used pine nuts this time though.  I didn’t add all the tomatoes and it was plenty. I also didn’t use freshly grated parmesan, but rather the Kraft can of it and it was just fine.  I froze the other half of the pesto so I can make another batch of this for a luncheon I have tomorrow.

Isabelle giving the finished product a little stir. 

IMG_6273

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks good - so nice to have helpers:) I thought the stuffed zucchini was really good too.