Friday, September 28, 2012

Tarin's Donut Time

We've been talking about using these for Brenna's bridal shower over Thanksgiving so I wanted to try these out before hand.
 
I made a 1/3 a batch because it was just me and the kids this weekend. I have to tell you that I can't imagine that how she makes this so that she can serve it at a reasonable breakfast hour. I made the dough left it overnight and then pulled it out at 7:30 am, waited the 2 hours, rolled them out all pretty...

And then waited 2 hours for them to be ready. So by the time I started cooking them it was 11:30, lunch time. I looked at some other yeast donut recipes and it looks like you should be able to let the dough rise for an hour or so, then rolling them out and letting them rise again for another 30-60 minutes. That way you could have donuts at a normal hour.

I decided to used just regular veggie oil instead of the shortening.

Don't they look so pretty.

 Here they were dipped in the glaze. The biggest thing that I would have done differently is cooked one at a time. They are so temperamental that the second one turned brown and I by the time I pulled the first one out the others were too dark. They still tasted good though.

We loved them...especially Addison. She liked having a big donut and a baby donut :) I can't wait to try different toppings.

3 comments:

Leslee said...

It does seem like there is a lot of rising and waiting time with these donuts! Yours look great though!

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Your donuts look AMAZING!!!! Mine looked more like funnel cakes, not donuts.

Jacki's travels said...

Your donuts look delicious! Yes, different toppings would be fun.