Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tarin's Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce

We loved this dish. Seriously...ever member of the family from the hubs to the baby loved this dish. We used a penne whole wheat pasta and I normally just make half a box for our family...but the first thing Doug said was that I should have made more.

I did make the full serving of the sauce though and thought it was the pefect amount! I used Jacki's suggestion of using walnuts instead of pine nuts because I couldn't find any pune nuts anywhere. Obviously there is a shortage which could be the only explanation for nuts costing $29/lb :-) I also disn't use tomatoes in it, but I think I'd love this with chicken.

We will defintely be making this again.


1 comment:

Leslee said...

I thought it was pretty funny you guys couldn't find pine nuts for a good price, but when I went back and looked at the bag I got, they were $18.99/lb. I just got a small scoopful from the bins so it was only a couple dollars! I agree that this was great pasta, a good recipe to keep on hand!