Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rutter Chicks Kitchen- Pasta and Donuts



We made the Pasta and added shrimp to our dish. This was soooooo easy. It took about 15 min to make the sauce. The noodles took a little longer, but for "The Pioneer Women" this recipe was quick and extremely tasty.


We all really enjoyed the dish. We doubled the recipe and I ate on it for a week. I think we all will most likely make this dish again. We also thought it would be tasty with chicken and using canned tomatoes instead of fresh.


Okay....so these donuts were NOT at all what I expected as far as the length of making the dough. I am very impatient when it comes to dough. Fortunately Audrey did the mixing and initial rising (Thanks Audrey!!!). The dough she made was beautiful.....UNTIL....I got a hold of it.


We didn't have a doughnut cutter, so we used what we could find. What we found made LARGE doughnuts (Before rising). Imagine what they looked like after they rose. World record size....Not really, but they were big.


Me and Brett's fiance' Ashley. She was icing duty and I was fry duty. By the way....did you notice fiance'??? We are soooooo excited for Brett and Ashley. She will be cooking with us. So I thought I would give us a name....Rutter Chicks! It's catchy. I like it. Though....I haven't told Audrey or Ashley....I hope they like it too. HE HE HE..... I need to talk to them.


Well, this is our final product for the doughnuts. Yep....that's them. This is actually one Audrey made. It actually looks like a doughnut. The few I fried looked...well...not so much. It was more funnel cake like. These were tasty. I MIGHT make them again....I wouldn't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I think your donuts look really tasty! It is a bit of an odd recipe that takes so long. Great idea for the shrimp in the pasta dish - it was very yummy.