Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jacki’s Ranch Style Chicken and Brownies

I made both of these recipes last week and like everyone else I thought they were delicious.  The chicken was even good cold as leftovers sliced up in a salad.  I followed the directions except I didn’t brush any bacon grease on the chicken before cooking.  I thought the marinade was really yummy. 
The brownies were just flat out decadent!  So good!  Really rich though so just a small piece is plenty.  I ended up using a devils food cake mix because two stores I went to didn’t have the German Chocolate  mix in the 18.5 oz size.  Both Pillsbury and Betty Crocker are 15.25 oz and Duncan Heinz  Devils Food is 18.25 oz so went with that.  I didn’t have a 9x9 inch pan so used an 8x8 inch Pyrex pan and it rose to the very tip top but didn’t spill over.  I used fewer caramels than 60 because the bag didn’t have that many in it and they were really fresh tasting so maybe a few didn’t make it into the melting bowl:). I also didn’t roll out the top layer of dough – just patted sections out in my hand and layed on top – much easier.   I didn’t sprinkle the powdered sugar on top because it didn’t seem necessary.  Very good!

Jacki's Pics 002

Jacki's Pics 003

1 comment:

Al and Jenny said...

Ohh, the brownies look so good! I am willing myself not to make them!