Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rutter Kitchen - Chicken and Brownies

Hi All!!!!! 

It's been sooooo long since I posted. My new mommy job has had me busy this last year (WOW...It's went by so fast!), but Johnny and I have got into the swing of things. I'm hoping to be more involved this go round. 

We cooked our chicken using the breast method (Didn't cut in half) and on the bone chicken thighs (the guys request). I tasted both and I could taste the marrinade more in the breast.. Audrey did much of the prep work, but she said it was pretty simple. 

Everyone seemed to enjoy the chicken. I think it will definitaly be something we will all try cooking again.


Mmmmmmmm!!!!




Okay, the brownies. We baked these for Brett's birthday dessert. They were amazing!!!!! I didn't get naked or anything, actually I ate so much I went home and put sweats on. LOL ;)

Ashley baked them and did a fantastic job. Oh, in case y'all don't know, Ashley is Brett's girl friend and will be cooking with Audrey and I. We are very excited to make our duo cooking nights a trio!!!


Can't wait for more in this cookbook!!! Happy Cookin Y'all!!!

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Welcome back, Dana and a big initial welcome to Ashley - so glad you all will be cooking together - sounds fun. All of your food looks wonderful - do I see some fried okra on that chicken plate? Yes, those brownies are definitely sweat pants/stretchy pants inducing:)

Audrey said...

It was fun cooking with Dana & Ashley :) I did like the flavor that the marinade gave the meat. The brownies were fun to make(I watched !) & I thought the German chocolate cake mix gave the brownies a very nice flavor. FYI- we used some carmel bits that we found on the baking row in the grocery store. Much less hassle than unwrapping 60 candies ;)

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Yes...that is fried okra. Home grown from Mine and Brandon's garden. I love and live for fried okra!!!!! Lol