Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rutter Trio Kitchen ~ Honey-Plum-Soy Chicken



I found these noodles and thought they would go perfect with this recipe. I followed the recipe except for the cooking part. I had 2 whole chicken breasts, bone in, in my freezer. I didn't want to wait for them to thaw, so I decided to crock-pot cook. I marinated according to the recipe, except for about 5 hours instead of an hour.

With Johnny, I can only do a little at a time. Then he wants to play. So when I had another second, I took the chicken out of the marinade and placed in into my crock with a couple Tablespoons of olive oil. I didn't sear the chicken as required in the recipe. I just added it to the crock, followed the recipe and put my crock on High. Cooked for about 6 hours, until the chicken was falling off the bone. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm, It was AMAZIN'!!!!!!!

The only thing I changed in the recipe was adding 10oz of soy instead of 20oz. I thought 20 would have been WAY too much, and it would have been in my opinion.


Brandon and I really enjoyed the meat and I will definitely make the recipe again.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I am about ready to post my review. I like your suggestion to use less soy sauce.

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Yeah...I'm glad I cut back. I think it would have been way salty addin all 20 oz.