Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jacki and Nika’s Honey Plum Soy Chicken

Nika and family are visiting and we made this for dinner today.  I have to admit I wasn’t a fan but I did make some changes so it might be my fault.  I didn’t use the red wine – substituted apple juice and about a tablespoon of red wine vinegar.  The store I went to didn’t have plum preserves so I substituted with cherry preserves.  I used all of the soy sauce called for so maybe just using half like Dana did would be better.  We used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs.  I marinated the chicken over night and then browned it in the pan as directed.  I added the sauce and brought to a boil then put it all in the crockpot and cooked it on low for a few hours.  Served it over steamed rice with steamed green beans.  I was ok but not something I would make again – but, it might be any of my substitutions – apple juice, cherry preserves etc.  Not sure what I did wrong.  I see Dana really liked it so I am looking forward to reading other reviews of it.

 

Jacki's Pics 174

1 comment:

Al and Jenny said...

Bummer! It is always sad when you spend so much time on making something and then don't end up liking it.