Sunday, September 23, 2012

Donuts!

So I felt inspired to give these a try tonight for dinner.  Sean was working all day long so I figured it might add some excitement to the day.  I made them gluten free by replacing the flour with a mixture of gluten free flours which worked surprisingly well.  I didn't give it enough time to rise at either time but gluten free things sometimes don't rise that great anyway. I also halved the recipe and it made plenty for us. The kids had fun watching me fry them up and dip them in the icing.  They turned out really tasty! Knox especially loved the donut holes and wanted to keep "popping" them in his mouth.  We had them with some eggs for a breakfast dinner. I haven't had donuts in forever and it was a very tasty treat.


ps. that one in the front broke...not a big bite out of it! 


1 comment: