Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Leslee’s Jam and Pesto Pasta

I haven’t gotten the ice cream or donuts made yet but I wanted to post about what I have cooked.  I made a smaller batch of the jam and cooked it until the last boiling stage.  I don’t have any canning equipment so I just skipped that part.  We had the jam that night over waffles and it was a little runny but very tasty.  After it had been in the fridge over night it set up to a perfect consistency.  It was really good!!

IMG_0371

I saw the new recipes posted before I went to the store Monday morning so I was able to grab the stuff I needed for the Pesto Pasta.  I don’t have a food processor so I just used my blender but it didn’t get the pesto to look like Ree’s.  Once I mixed it in with the cream and butter I think it turned out all right though.  I wasn’t expecting to like this dish since I don’t like herby flavored things but we all loved it! I added some leftover grilled chicken to the mix to beef it up a bit and it was delicious. 

IMG_0384

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks delicious. Good idea to add chicken to the Pesto Pasta.