Monday, September 10, 2012

Jenny's Chicken

We had the ranch style chicken last night.  It was success all around!  So, so yummy.  I have a recipe that is almost identical to this, called Alice Springs Chicken.  It is supposed to be like the chicken at Outback Steakhouse.  Really the only difference is that the other recipe has you saute mushrooms and put them under the bacon and cheese.  Al, my husband, says he prefers the PW version...which I guess tells you how he feels about mushrooms.  But to echo what Leslee said, how can you go wrong with bacon and cheese?

I made the recipe as called for, except I didn't have any lemon juice for the marinade.  I am guessing it probably didn't make a huge difference in the outcome.  I paired it with some peas, garlic mashed potatoes, and some roasted butternut squash.  I would definitely make this chicken again!

It is so fun to be cooking from PW again.  I really like Ree.

BTW...I just saw that Our Best Bites is coming out with another cook book too!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks really yummy, Jenny. The mushrooms would be a wonderful addition I think. Yes, I did see where the new Best Bites cookbook is now out- bet it is another good one.