Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jacki’s Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce

I made this dish several nights ago for dinner and it was absolutely addictive.  I have never made pesto before so this was a new adventure.  (I didn’t make the pesto dish from the last cookbook).  It was easy to make with a food processor.  The pine nuts cost $29/lb so I was glad to hear walnuts could be substituted!  I did use the pine nuts this time though.  I used the heavy cream but I imagine half and half would work also.  I used a pasta I had not used before – Radiatore – and I really liked it.  It was a good shape for the sauce to cling to.  I think chicken or shrimp would have been really good in it.  The tomatoes were really good.  I only used 3 Roma tomatoes but next time I will use 4 – loved the flavor in the dish.  I was going to cut the recipe in half since there is just two of us but I am so glad I made the full recipe – plenty of leftovers.

Jacki's Pics 026

No comments: