Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Lasagna

I made this Lasagna last week when Nika and family were visiting so we had several taste testers.  I did change a couple of things in the recipe.  I don’t like a lot of meat in my lasagna so I only used 1 pound of ground beef for total meat.  I think the sausage would have been good so I will use that as well next time.  Also, I just used dried spices – Italian seasoning, basil and parsley and that tasted just fine.  Other than that I followed the recipe.  We all thought it was good although the kids didn’t want to eat any.  Nika thought the sauce could have used just a bit of sugar in it.  I liked the recipe and would make it again.  I do like ricotta cheese in lasagna and would probably try that next time.  It is a rather pricey recipe but it served us well for a few meals.

Sorry – I didn’t do a very tidy job of dishing my serving up.

Jacki's Pics 077

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Just to let you all know - the bland, white object in the foreground of the picture is a piece of french bread not a slab of tofu like I thought when I first looked at my posting!

Leslee said...

haha it does look like french bread. It is very meaty but Sean said he liked that part, as I expected he would.