Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rutter Mac-N-Cheese


We made this recipe Wednesday night. Grandma and Grandpa Burrows are in town visiting, and we were able spend time with them as well. I have to say overall, we were not impressed. I think we all agreed that we would want more liquid, salt, and cheese. The cheesy taste was definitely lacking. I did hear that less mustard next time is also something that would be changed. I think that the recipe is a good base to learn how to make homemade mac-n-cheese, but we would definitely make changes to improve it to our taste.



Multi-tasking....I'm practicing this skill more. I will definitely need it here in about 5 months!!! LOL!!!

Pre-Baked

Audrey and Grandma having a great time. Quote of the night," Mother, if you can't follow the rules of cooking night, then you can't play with us!" So funny!!! We had such a GREAT time laughing and enjoying each others company.

Right out of the oven....nice and hot!

Done!!!! Ding, ding, ding, Come and Get It!!!!!

4 comments:

Leslee said...

Mm looks good. I will remember your tips when I make it. Rebellious Grandma not following the rules...:)

Jacki's travels said...

Good to keep Grandma on task! I loved all your pictures and your meal looks good - I haven't had brussel sprouts in a long time.

Al and Jenny said...

It looks so pretty right out of the oven in the casserole dish.

Heidi said...

It is VERY hard to keep Grandma on task :) Ha! I love my (Grandma's) mac & cheese so I don't know that I am going to try this one.
Great pics!