Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tarin's Pancakes

Well just a few things first...
1. We all loved these pancakes! They were perfect and fluffy and light and filling all at the same time.
2. I didn't tell Doug about the sour cream and he told me they were the best pancakes he'd ever had :)
3. I didn't change anything about this recipe, I just wish it made more...I doubled the recipe and it still only made 10 pancakes.
4. I found that these took a lot longer to cook than normal pancakes. I'm not sure why, but I cooked them at the same temp I normally do and they still seemed to take forever!

Here's step one:

And then the finished batter...it was really hard not to stir it too much, especially when I could still see some of the egg, but I'm really glad I contained myself.

And Voila! the perfect pancakes.

3 comments:

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

These look great!!! I agree...the best pancakes I have ever ate. I had a hard time not stirring too much too. It was so lumpy!

Leslee said...

You are right, they didn't make very many at all! I guess because there really isn't that much flour in them. That is great Doug didn't even know about the sour cream. You really can't taste it but it makes them delicious I guess. Excellent choice!

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all our suggestions and pictures, Tarin. Your pancakes look wonderful - good enough to eat!