Saturday, March 26, 2011

Leslee’s Mac n Cheese

I finally got all the supplies so I could try out this dish! I have only attempted mac n cheese once and it wasn’t too good, so I was hoping this time around would be more successful.  After reading so many people’s reviews I added less mustard powder, a little less flour and a little more milk and used sharp cheddar.  I made gluten free noodles and used rice flour which probably didn’t make a huge difference.  I cooked the noodles until they were just about done so I only baked it for about 15 minutes.  I halved the recipe which made plenty for a side dish for our meal.  I had fun making this and we thought it was pretty good.  The mustard flavor was not strong at all and it had a cheesy taste.  I might add some more of the ground red pepper and regular pepper next time for a little bolder of a flavor.  Everyone ate it right up…even Summer who doesn’t normally like any mac n’ cheese (even Kraft!).  I will definitely make this one again!

IMG_1493IMG_1503

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks very cheesy and good! So glad to hear little Summer liked it as well - maybe Knox is rubbing off on her:)

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

I'm so glad the Mac-N-Cheese turned out tasting great! I was curious if it would taste with less mustard and more liquid. I am excited to make this again with the modified version of the recipe. Yours looks so yummy!!!