Monday, March 21, 2011

Rutter Lasagna

Okay...so we like this recipe. I wouldn't not sat it was like WOW!!!! Don't get me wrong it was tasty, but it was lasagna. It was not one of our standouts. It did take a little while to prep and cook. I would suggest not starting cooking this at 8:00 p.m. (Mistake I made!!!)

My mom, getting the parsley ready. We couldn't find fresh basil so I substituted using the dry. It was difficult to judge how much to use. I think I used about 1/8 c. of basil. I was afraid that would be way to much but it turned out tasting fine.

The only thing I would change in the recipe is the cottage cheese. I prefer ricotta in my lasagna. I can say that the cottage cheese gave the lasagna a lighter taste where the ricotta has a much richer taste.

Ta Dah!!!! Finished...Phew...that took some time, but it was yummy!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks very good! I like ricotta cheese in my lasagna as well.

Audrey said...

Very nice pictures!! I'm glad that you were able to cook the recipe, as it was "Spring Break" for our family. Your plate of food looked very delicious :)