Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jenny's Mac and Cheese


My husband and I are mac and cheese junkies, so I was excited for this recipe. I followed Jacki's advice and did two level tsp. of dry mustard instead of heaping tsp. And we used sharp cheddar cheese. I also added a little cayenne pepper and paprika for a little zing. We were having company for dinner, and I was going to be gone late afternoon and wouldn't be home to make dinner, so I made it earlier in the day and then put it in the fridge and baked it right before dinner. I don't have the cookbook, so I looked up this recipe on her blog and it said that for super creamy macaroni you didn't have to bake it, just serve it right away. My husband and I tried it before I refrigerated it and it was SO good! And super cheesy/saucy. But we also liked it after it was baked. My company said he thought it was great macaroni and cheese too, so it was a success all around :)

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for your review and your tips. I think the sharp cheddar would boost the taste. Good to hear you all liked it.

Leslee said...

Looks very pretty! It is nice to have a dish you can prepare earlier in the day...dinner time is always crazy.