Friday, September 30, 2011

Audrey's Bacon Chicken with Penne Bake and Breadsticks

Here is the dough ready to roll out and form.
I chose to make rolls and bread sticks.One thing I learned making these, I could do with less flour the next time I make these, even though they tasted very good. I found it a little hard to judge when I had put enough flour in. I know it wasn't as much as it called for.
Here they are fresh out of the oven and I had rubbed the butter over them. Everyone really liked the rolls and bread sticks. Next time, I will probably just make bread sticks as that is what we like. I made them Wednesday afternoon and then we had them with our chef salads for dinner. Then the next evening we had the leftovers with our pasta meal.
Here is the Penne Bake. I did it like the recipe called for, except I didn't use the artichoke hearts. Next time, I will leave out the chicken and use the artichoke hearts as Doug isn't a big eater of chicken. We did like the dish and I will fix it again. There were lots of dirty dishes with these recipes, so you might want to do some prep work beforehand :)
We are enjoying the recipes from this cookbook!

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Looks good. I can't wait to try these.