Friday, September 30, 2011

Jacki’s Bacon Artichoke Penne Bake and Rolls.

I made the Penne Bake a couple of nights ago and we both thought it was very good.  I agree with Audrey – a lot of dirty dishes.  It takes longer to make than it seems like it will when reading through the recipes.  But, it was all worth it and the leftovers were very tasty as well.  I followed the recipes exactly as directed and it turned out great.  I used my microplane to grate the Parmesan cheese and it worked great – much better than my box grater.  I made the rolls several months ago before we started cooking out of this book.  They were very good but I had a hard time judging how much flour to add – the dough just seemed too sticky.  In the end I think I added too much because they were a little dry.  I would like to try the recipe again to see if I can get it right.  I liked Audrey’s idea of making breadsticks with it.  All good recipes to make again.

Jacki's Pics 021

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have you guys seen this post about how much flour to add?

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2011/05/whole-wheat-bread-step-by-step.html

The picture in the center shows what the dough should look like before she kneads it. It looks so much stickier than I thought it should be!

Audrey said...

Glad you guys liked the pasta & rolls. I've been eating the leftovers also :). I want to try the roll recipe again with less flour and see if that is better.