Friday, September 2, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Shredded Pork, Lime-Cilantro-Pineapple Rice, Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette

I made all three of these recipes for dinner tonight and loved them all.  For the Mexican-Style Sweet Shredded Pork I halved the recipe and used cranberry juice instead of apple juice because that is what I had.  Other than that I followed the recipe as directed.  Very tasty!  For the rice I used pineapple tidbits and just chopped them up instead of crushed because again, that is what I had.  Also very tasty.  For the Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette I used the white wine vinegar in it.  Another tasty recipe.  My only complaint about these recipes is chopping the cilantro – it is always a tedious job – the cilantro leaves stick to my fingers and the knife etc – any suggestions?  I guess it is worth it though because it sure tastes good.  My husband made tacos with the above for his meal using soft flour tortillas.  I put a scoop of rice on my plate, topped it with a serving of the shredded pork and then sprinkled on cheese and avocado with lettuce and tomato on the side with the Vinaigrette.  It made for a very good meal!

The Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette ready to chill in fridge.  I am planning on using some of the leftover to marinate some chicken.

Jacki's Pics 002

My plate – soooo good.  (those tomatoes were grown in our deer proof garden:)

Jacki's Pics 004

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Ooops! I made the wrong Cilantro-Lime dressing:( The one I made was really good but I will try the correct one soon. Sorry to review it before it was selected.

Leslee said...

Looks tasty! I am sure the dressing was just fine the meal the other dressing:) planning to make this tomorrow!

Audrey said...

Food looks great! I also made the wrong dressing, but got the other made quickly :) I thought all the recipes tasted very good also.