Monday, September 12, 2011

Leslee’s Catch Up Meals

I finally got caught up on the recipes from the last few weeks.  We were out of town for a bit and then had some other craziness but I finally got to the store to get all the ingredients and got them made this weekend! First up in the Mexican Style Pork. 

I enjoy make the Café Rio style meals and this one was good.  It was a little different to use the enchilada sauce and I am not a huge fan of the flavor, but the pork turned out pretty good.  The rice was fluffy and had just a hint of flavor to it which I liked.  The dressing was easy to make although I like it a little thinner so would probably add some more milk next time but that is an easy fix. Altogether this meal was delicious!

IMG_3723

The next day I planned to make the Beef Taquitos. I decided to just use my leftover pork but then as I was assembling them I realized it was so flavorful that I didn’t need to add all the extras.  In the end I just rolled up the pork with cheese so it wasn’t so much following that recipe.  I will try the real Chipotle Beef recipe soon and post about it, but ours ended up tasty too! I made the black bean and mango salsa and it was really good.  The mango I chose wasn’t too ripe but it was still really good to eat with chips or just by itself!

IMG_3754

I had made the Chocolate Cookies several weeks ago for Sean and he really liked them.  I decided to try them out for myself the other day.  I followed the recipe but changed out the flour for some gluten free stuff and they turned out really tasty! I used a pb chip and chocolate chip combo in them that was delicious.

IMG_3738

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for your reviews. Everything looks very tasty - especially those cookies! Chocolate does the trick everytime.