Friday, September 2, 2011

Jenny's Cordon Bleu, Roasted Broccoli, and BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad



I made the Cordon Bleu and roasted broccoli last night. It was a huge hit at my house. My husband LOVED the chicken. Avery really liked it too. She was a little skeptical at first when she saw it, but I told her it was ham, cheese, and chicken- all things she loves. After that she ate it all and told me how good it was. I used an Italian cheese blend for the cheese and panko for the bread crumbs. I love the crunch from the panko.

The broccoli was really good too. Al liked it...and he's not a huge vegetable person. I squeezed some lemon juice on top, but next time might even use a little more. I love that the Our Best Bites recipes seem to all use a lot of fresh citrus. I think it tastes so good!

I did serve the chicken and broccoli with a hollandaise sauce, after reading Tarin's review and I think the sauce went really well with both the chicken and the broccoli. It was a great addition.

Sunday night I made the Cobb Salad. I loved it. I thought it tasted so summery and fresh and I loved the BBQ chicken flavor in the salad. I ended up making the BBQ ranch as well. I love blue cheese, but I would have been the only one eating it at my house so I opted for the ranch. One time I will have to indulge myself and go with the blue cheese :) The BBQ ranch was really tasty though. It tasted like something you would get at a restaurant. I will for sure make this salad again too.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meals look really good! Glad to hear everyone liked everything. We really liked those two meals as well.