Sunday, September 25, 2011

Audrey's Sweet Shredded Pork, Creamy Dressing and Rice with Pineapple Meal

Here's the Pork Roast searing.
Now its in the crock pot in the sauce. After I had mixed up the sauce, I saw that I had accidentally put all the brown sugar in and didn't reserve any for afterwards :( Also, I messed up and put the green salsa(dressing) in instead of the regular salsa. I think that I was in too much of a hurry. It all tasted just fine in the end though.I got the dressing mixed up, but didn't take any pictures. Of course, since I had used the green salsa in the pork sauce, I had to use the regular salsa in the dressing. I thought it tasted very good and had nice flavors from all the different ingredients. I am really enjoying the use of limes and cilantro in these recipes. Next, I fixed the rice and that was very simple. The only thing that I would change in that is using maybe pineapple tidbits. I thought that the crushed pineapple didn't stand out enough in the rice.
Here's my plateful of all the tasty recipes. I chose to put the pork and dressing on top of the rice. Brock and Doug had theirs in flour tortillas and they didn't care for the rice. Brock and I liked the pork, but Doug found it too sweet :) I also took this meal to Brandon and Dana's since they had just gotten home from the hospital with baby Johnny. They liked the meal also. I will be fixing these recipes again!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your final plate looks very tasty - I like the idea of the dressing and pork on top of the rice.