Friday, September 24, 2010

And the recipes this week are...

So to quickly introduce myself, I'm Tarin, Leslee's cousin and I live out in Atlanta, GA. I have an awesome husband, Doug--who unfortunately doesn't really like sweets, which is a major problem because I love to bake (anything and everything)--and a 6 month old, Addison Bailey. It's even more exciting because we're living with my parents right now so we also cook for my parents, my sister Paige who's home for law school, and my little brother Jack--who hates chicken. To help out we've split up nights for cooking so this has been great for me! I always have something fun to try on one of my nights.


So for the upcoming week I definitely have to go with: 

*Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce on page 230

*Simple, Perfect Enchiladas on page 176

I am really enjoying cooking all of these recipes with all of you! Thanks again Leslee :)

4 comments:

Leslee said...

Good choices Tarin! That is quite strange that Doug doesn't like sweets, goodthing you have other people there to cook them for!

Audrey said...

I am looking forward to trying out the enchiladas. I fix enchiladas a couple of times a month, so it will be nice to try a new version. The peach crisp sounds good also, as I am partial to sweets myself. Also, welcome to the cooking club!!

Jacki's travels said...

Welcome Tarin, I am looking forward to making the recipes for this coming week. If I lived closer I would help you out with disposing of some of those baked goods :)

Heidi said...

Both recipes sound great! Like Audrey, we eat enchiladas a couple of times a month so I am anxious to try a new recipe. Good choices :)