Thursday, September 23, 2010

Audrey's Chicken Spaghetti







Hello everyone :) Sorry that it has taken me so long to post the spaghetti recipe results. I have been having problems with my computer. So far I am really liking this cookbook, so good job choosing it. The chicken recipe seemed pretty involved, but I was glad for Heidi's heads up about cooking the chicken earlier. I wondered about buying a rotisseried chicken and store bought chicken broth, but am glad that I didn't, as I don't think the flavor of the dish would have been as good. I meant to buy the whole fryer chicken, but accidently picked up fryer leg quarters, but they were just fine. I would have liked some white meat myself in the dish. I followed the rest of the recipe as shown and as Heidi mentioned it made a lot. I served it with sauteed zucchini. Since it was just Brock and I eating it, I had a lot of leftovers. We ate it for three days and both would have it again. I dirtied a lot of dishes, but now that I have fixed it, I would be better prepared for how I would do things. I thought that it was very flavorful, but would spice it up a bit more. I think the next time I would split the recipe between two pans and freeze the second. It would be very handy to have ready after coming home from a basketball game :) Good pick Heidi !! Sorry about how my pictures turned out. I'm lucking to get them uploaded.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

I agree that this meal was a bit of work to prepare but it does go fast the second time around as Leslee and I made it again for a freezer meal for Nika. It definitly makes a lot! I will add a little more cayenne as well the next time I make it.

Heidi said...

I am glad to know that it goes faster the 2nd time around :) I think that I am going to break out my other half that is in the freezer in the next week or so. I didn't use cayenne last time as I forgot to pick it up at the store; but I bought some for the chicken fried steak so I'll be using it in the future.