Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tarin's Meatloaf and Potato Experience

So I know we're technically on the next week, but since I got to try these recipes and I remembered to take pictures I thought I'd post anyways.

Since we're such picky eaters in this house no one has actually had meatloaf before, most recipes have all sorts of weird ingredients thrown in like onions and celery and other stuff that no one really likes in the first place, but when I mentioned that I was going to try this one everyone was brave enough to at least try it out!

This was definitely a lot of meat. I can believe that it would be way too much for a normal sized family, but for our special situation it was just right.

This part was just disgusting, really if I hadn't been so grossed out mixing all this stuff together I might consider making this again :) Plus we only had a block of Parmesan cheese that I had to grate by hand. Ugh! I will definitely buy the pre-grated next time I do this.



I feel like once I molded it that it was too heavy for the broiler pan, it kept oozing through the bottom, I probably pulled out at least half a pound of meat off the bottom of the pan. Maybe I need to put a layer of bacon down first to keep that from happening, either that or just start out with only 1 1/2 pounds of meat.



Our oven is so weird so I felt like I should cook it at a little bit of a higher temp, but still it wasn't done in an hour so I cranked it up to 400 for an extra 20 minutes or so. I wish that there was a better way to make the bacon wrap a little bit more crispy, but people had seconds and thirds so I called it a success. I served it with the potatoes which were fine, I didn't really think they tasted any different then normal, but it was nice to make them ahead of time. I also sauteed up some carrots and then I also made Raspberry Cheesecake muffins/scones...yummy!


2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

It certainly sounds and looks like your meal was a success! Thanks for posting about it. You can post anytime about a meal - even if it is past, or way past, the week of the meal.

Audrey said...

I really enjoyed all your pictures & comments. It's fun to see how everyone goes about cooking the recipes :)